Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Tool #10

I have limited experience with Apple products.  I have used an I phone (someone else's), but have never used an Ipad or I touch...they seem really cool, but just never used one. WOW...the possibilities seem endless using this technology in the classroom! There are SO MANY apps that kids can use and they make them for all ages, so what's great is it doesn't matter the age!   Some of the free apps I found were Learn to Draw Dinosaurs, Read me Stories by 8interactive limited, and Sequence Search: Search for arithmetic sequences (like 2,4,6 or 3,7,11) in a number grid. Like word search, but with numbers. The only problem I found with some of the free apps was that some of them were sample apps, so you couldn't get the full effect.  It was a little hit and miss with the free apps.  The itouch can definitely be used as a literacy center and hopefully the students could learn how to use a new application each week or so. It is a great motivator, because its something new!  They are going to love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment