Monday, September 13, 2010

Tool # 6

Wikis!  Well, just like the 11 tools blog mentioned, I was familiar with a wiki to the extent of wikipedia and that was the end of it. I was clueless beyond that, until now!  It was so interesting to find out what a wiki truly is, and what you can do with it!  I like the collaborative potential of a wiki.  I think its a great way for teams to keep on the same page with each other by sharing ideas.  For the classroom, a wiki can definitely be used for interactive and shared writing.  It gives the students an opportunity to collaborate with each other on a whole new level using a different medium.  It can also be a means to involve parents.  They can see first hand the collaborative writing that goes on in the classroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment