Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Tool #2, Some thoughts

1.)  I, for one am a fan of networking.  It may be my business/marketing background, but when you allow yourself to get networked you open yourself up to lots of new ideas and information that you would not have had otherwise.  I really enjoyed reading the CoolCatTeacher blog.  She had a really great clip up of a movie trailer that I am sure will spark some interest.  I think part of growing as a professional is developing a good network, and not just online, face to face as well, but the online community is a great resource, especially now that it is the number source of information these days.

2.)  I am actually new to blogging, so I found the commenting advice rather helpful.  I never really thought about blogging as a "conversation", but I can see how that might be beneficial not just for those having the "conversation" but for the readers as well.  It can be a bit addicting and time consuming, so I think having a handle on some time management might be a good idea.

3.)  I really enjoyed reading some of the posts and blogs of fellow colleagues, some from my school; Ms. Rios, Ms. Rogers, and a couple from friends in the district, Mrs. Hughes (Ms. Chidgey) and Mrs. Cooper.  I really enjoyed the thoughts shared by the CoolCatTeacher blog; she posted a very intriguing trailer about education. 

No comments:

Post a Comment